Job no: 495313
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
Categories: Graduates, Geoservices
- Full time permanent opportunity to develop your career with a leader in the industry
- Work with industry experts on exciting projects
- Abbotsford, Victoria
Whether it's building your technical expertise or consulting skills, we’ll challenge you to seek more and think smarter, every day.
About the role
Working closely with the Geospatial Team Leader and with the support of other consultants you will contribute to client projects and build business development knowledge on how best to promote Coffey’s technical capabilities and offerings to clients.
This role is designed to develop the understanding of the fundamentals of the professional discipline and the practical application in a consulting business.
Here’s what you’ll be focussed on as you develop your skills:
- Spatial data and database management, including sourcing, acquisition, compilation and quality-check of data from Coffey, our sub-consultants, government agencies and third party data suppliers
- Creation of high quality cartographic maps, drawings and diagrams
- Analysis and interpretation of spatial and tabular data, and utilising expertise to solve spatial information problems
- Involvement in deploying field-capture mobile devices and in the delivery of webmaps
- Manipulating and managing data directly in ESdat and gINT
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, sub-consultants and stakeholders
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have:
- completed a Bachelor degree, diploma, certificate or post graduate education in spatial/geomatics/GIS
- advanced skills in ESRI ArcGIS suite and an understanding of spatial data management fundamentals and spatial/survey principals
- experience with ESRI 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extensions is preferable, as well as skills in AutoCAD
- Adobe Create Suite skills or exposure would be advantageous
- a base level understanding of project management elements
- excellent communication skills: being able to present appropriate information in a clear and concise manner both orally and written
- enthusiasm and motivation for the development of innovative and practical client solutions
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now