Job no: 495338
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing
- Critical hands on role
- Permanent full time position
- Chatswood, New South Wales
About the role
Reporting to the Payroll Manager this role is a critical member of our payroll team for Australia and New Zealand. The team process the end to end fortnightly pay runs for approximately 1300 staff across multiple business units in Australia and New Zealand as well as a small number of Papua New Guinea employees.
It’s a fast paced team environment where all hands are on deck to support and service the business, but you’ll also get involved in the following activities:
- Ensuring accurate preparation and system processing of timesheets relating to permanent, part-time, casual staff and expatriates
- Processing new starters and terminations, including the calculation and payment of termination and leave payments
- Administrating and calculating payment and reconciliation of superannuation contributions
- Year-end processing and reconciliation including payment summaries
- Working closely with the HR, Finance and Operations team across the business to resolve payroll queries and provide high-level customer service
- Ensuring the payroll process complies with legal, ethical and professional standards
For success in the role, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in payroll processing in Australia and New Zealand
- Experience with legislative and Award/EBA interpretation
- A highly organised, customer service focused work style with a strong attention to detail
- Competent skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel for reporting purposes
Experience within the professional services industry and a working knowledge of Chris21 while not mandatory, would be beneficial in this role.
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now