Job no: 495343
Work type: Contract
Location: Papua New Guinea
Categories: International development
Expressions of Interest, Papua New Guinea Economic and Social Infrastructure Program
- Long term position
- Large and influential development assistance investment
- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Coffey is seeking expressions of interest from an experienced Team Leader in preparation for the upcoming Papua New Guinea Economic and Social Infrastructure Program. Program activities will support the Government of Papua New Guinea to deliver infrastructure investments in line with national infrastructure plans in the health and education sectors.
All positions are open to international and national applicants. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As Team Leader you will:
- Proactively communicate / liaise with DFAT on key policy and program implementation decisions and program risks.
- Establish an effective working relationship with DFAT and a range of senior officials from the GoPNG.
- Provide advice to DFAT to ensure the program supports the GoPNG and GoA plans and priorities.
- Ensure a suitable level of resources are engaged and effective systems, procedures, procurement and contracting processes are in place to support flexible and responsive implementation.
- Ensure overall quality of program delivery through effective quality assurance of products and services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 15 years’ experience managing and delivering donor funded programs.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as management, infrastructure, health or education.
- Experience managing large programs, portfolios, operations, in developing country contexts.
- Experience collaborating with partners and stakeholders at various levels including at a government level to achieve collaboration and a commitment to program delivery.
- Demonstrated success in working with private sector actors within a developing country context.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Practical experience working in Papua New Guinea desirable with a well-developed understanding of the operating environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, facilitation and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of gender issues, social inclusion, HIV/AIDS, child protection and human development frameworks.
Please search by reference number 495343. For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm (WPST) 31 May 2017.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now