Job no: 495485
Work type: Contract
Location: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Categories: International development
The Laos Australia Institute (LAI) supports human resource development (HRD) in Laos. It is the Australian Government’s leading program for scholarships and training, as well as a source of technical advice and support to the public and private sectors. Stronger human resources are essential for economic growth and competitiveness in Laos, and to its ability to provide its citizens with the social services required for equitable development. LAI started operations in 2014, and is now entering a second phase, which will run for four years from July 2017 to June 2021. The goal of the second phase is to ensure that Lao is making good use of all its human resources to advance sustainable development. LAI helps Laos to achieve this through a range of activities including scholarships, training and organisational capacity building.
Reserved for Laos Citizens
Working closely with staff of the Scholarships and HRD Teams, the Finance and Administration Manager will ensure effective delivery of LAI programs and activities whilst overseeing the work of the Finance and Administration Assistant. Some key responsibilities will include:
- Management of financial administration for LAI including budget forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Oversight of finance systems including raising purchase orders, maintaining and filing financial documentation and reporting
- Oversight the preparation of monthly project reporting using QuickBooks
- Prepare ad-hoc expenditure reports as required
- Undertake payroll duties for National staff including appropriate statutory obligations and tax payments
- Manage the project bank account
- Prepare appropriate documents for taxation
- Maintain accurate records for staff including details of leave taken and accrued
- Ensure that travel applications and travel expense acquittal forms are completed properly and manage the reporting of all such expenditure
- Management of administrative tasks associated with the procurement, inventory and control of office supplies and materials, including vehicles
Person Specification - Finance Admin Manager.pdf
We are seeking applicants with relevant tertiary qualifications in finance or business administration with a current Lao driving licence. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in financial and administration management, budget management, account management and contract management. You will have experience in maintaining appropriate quality systems and records, preferably in a similar project environment as well as having extensive experience in the use of accounting packages in particular QuickBooks. Your excellent management and supervisory skills, including the ability to set clear instructions and manage the work of others will help you succeed in this role. You will have a high level of oral and written English and have solid experience in dealing with multiple clients and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines. You will also develop good working relationships with clients, stakeholders and project team members.
For further enquiries please contact: email@example.com quoting the job reference 495485.
Applications close 5.00pm (Vientiane time) 25th August 2017.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now