Job no: 495486
Work type: Permanent
Location: United Kingdom
Categories: International development
Manager: Governance, Security and Justice Practice
Coffey, a Tetra Tech Company, our ethos is that in an increasingly global world helping to reduce poverty and improving lives is everyone’s concern. Delivering complex projects in regions faced with these challenges requires very particular expertise. Projects need to be mobilised quickly and managed flexibly and efficiently, and local stakeholders must be part of the entire process.
To play your part, you’ll need to deliver on these key result areas:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that project partners and individual contractors /external consultants are effectively managed to deliver high quality inputs and outputs that meet the client’s expectations.
- Lead on and contribute to business development opportunities, including successful development of both pursuits and full tenders.
- Focusing on commercial results.
- Manage preparation of project budgets and contracts in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for financial performance of projects including accurate forecasing monitoring and reporting project performance against budget, identify commercial risks and prepare reports explaining deviations and proposed responses.
- Ensure the maintenance of financial records in accordance with company procedures.
- Management and liaison with consultants and subcontractors to ensure timesheets and invoices are received in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Manage the tendering and proposal development process including the development of work plans, resource plans and commercial proposals.
- Lead on contract compliance for the Practice, working with the Operations team. Responsible for quality assuring contracts and work with the Operations team to adapt templates to ensure that the Practice, Coffey and Tetra Tech corporate needs are aligned.
- Establish/support individual, team of direct reports and group goals that are aligned with Company strategy and appropriate business plans.
- Achieve individual Key Performance Indicators as determined in periodic performance review.
Important requirements for success
- Degree-educated, preferably with a Masters degree in a relevant subject.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Experience of managing complex technical assistance projects on behalf of the UK Government.
You’ll have these skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment and mobilize cross-functional high performance teams.
- Proven experience in report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven experience working in a consulting firm environment.
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail.
- Well-developed quality and results focussed orientation.
- Strong team player able to work under limited supervision and take initiative and experienced people manager.
- Technical knowledge of governance, security or justice sector reform in developing countries, particularly Fragile and Conflict Affected States.
- Experience in successfully delivering consulting assignments on donor funded projects in developing countries in technical areas relevant to the company, including client relationship management and directing and managing consultancy teams.
- Ability to think logically and possessing skills in problem identification and resolution. Ability to work not only as a team member but also with limited supervision on personal initiative.
- Demonstrable experience in business development, including tendering and bid development.
- Experience of managing and supervising professional staff in a consultancy business.
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Working knowledge of a range of software applications and strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows Word, Excel, Office, Outlook and PowerPoint
Special conditions for this role (e.g. FIFO, remote location travel)
- Ability to travel oversees if and when required.
- The role will be based in London, however extensive overseas travel and short to long-term assignments to developing countries.
- Please note you will need to be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now