Job no: 495617
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
Categories: Project management consulting
Landfill and Containment Engineers/Environmental Scientists – Melbourne or Geelong, Victoria
- Join a well-established landfill and containment engineering team
- Develop your career within a team of experts
- Can be based in our Melbourne or Geelong office
Drive your specialist career by working with the best local and national expertise in landfill and containment engineering.
About the opportunity
Our scientists and engineers provide technical expertise to clients and fulfill crucial project roles.
You will work closely with the team to deliver landfill and containment engineering projects; provide support to environmental auditors in completing landfill related construction and operations auditing as well as working closely with the greater hydrogeology, site assessment and auditing team to provide quality outcomes for a broad range of local, national and international projects.
Day to day activities for our landfill and containment team members are dependent on level, experience and allocated projects.
As a specialist in our team, you may:
- Provide specialist support to our environmental auditors on various landfill and/or contaminated land projects
- Undertake a range of landfill related environmental management projects including preparation of landfill risk assessment, environmental monitoring plans, rehabilitation plans and hydrogeological assessments
- Work closely with our containment design group on landfill and pond designs
- Work within the greater contaminated site assessment team providing support on various site assessment and/or remediation projects
- Manage site assessment, audit and landfill design related projects
- Write and prepare environmental audit and technical reports
- Prepare proposals and costings
This position will provide excellent career development opportunity and suit candidates with between 5 and 12 years’ experience.
With relevant tertiary qualifications, you’ll have demonstrated experience in environmental site assessment with broad experience in either landfill design/construction/auditing and/or landfill environmental management/environmental audit support.
You’ll also have:
- Well-developed planning, project management and organisational skills
- A highly professional and service driven approach – enjoying and excelling in relationship building and project delivery
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability, agility and enthusiasm required for specialist consulting and for taking on new challenges
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now