Job no: 495644
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing
- Great opportunity to lead the Health and Safety function
- Small dynamic team environment
- Chatswood location; ANZ responsibility
Join a company that holds safety at the core of its values.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Human Resources Director this role leads our Health and Safety function for Australia and New Zealand. The function supports Health and Safety leadership for multiple business units, with approximately 1000 staff in Australia and New Zealand, including project activity in international locations.
We’ve just complete a review of our systems, and this is an opportunity to re-energise our HSSE focus and to coach and guide the leadership team as it seeks to continually improve our safety performance. The role is responsible for:
- Ownership and governance of the Heath Safety, Security and Environmental management systems and policy
- Coordinating the overall company health, safety, security and environment management system business plan and driving implementation
- Leadership and coordination of a small team of safety advisory professionals
- Partnering with the management team to drive performance and compliance and to measure and report on all aspects of safety performance
- Charting a pathway to management system third party certification
For success in the role, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Safety leadership experience spanning national operations (AU and NZ desirable but not essential)
- Track record of management system governance including lead auditor experience, and the development and implementation of integrated management systems
- Experience developing and delivering of health and safety training programs in support of company safety objectives
- Operational safety experience gained primarily in construction management, engineering and professional services consulting
- Postgraduate studies in occupational health and safety management in addition to lead auditor qualifications will be well regarded.
- Experience achieving and maintaining third party management system certification
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights and a ‘c’ class drivers licence to apply for this position. Some travel within ANZ region will be a requirement of the role.
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now