Job no: 495651
Work type: Contract
Categories: International development
Australia Awards Indonesia (AAI) is managed by Coffey on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). Australia Awards is an integral part of Australia’s development cooperation program with Indonesia and has enjoyed strong support from both governments for more than sixty years. Australia Awards addresses two key challenges: to fill a gap in the pool of individuals with the higher-level capacity to contribute to Indonesia’s development; and the need for a strong deep relationship based on mutual understanding between Australia and Indonesia.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Deputy Program Director will have lead responsibility for:
- Managing the day-to-day administration and operations of the Program;
- Supervising the operation of the program office and local support staff including revising and enforcing the Quality and Operations Manual to ensure the Program operates efficiently and effectively within budgets and specified timeframes and in compliance with all relevant policies and guidelines;
- Directing and overseeing delivery of all services in the Long-Term and Short-Term Awards cycles in accordance with the Schedule of Requirements and the approved Annual Plan;
- Directing and overseeing delivery of all alumni relations, communications and promotions activities in accordance with the Schedule of Requirements and the approved Annual Plan;
- Coordinating across the AAI team to develop and refine program budget projections and all necessary input to key program documents and processes, including annual reports, annual plans, PCC agenda papers, Aid Quality Checks, Partner Performance Assessments and other documents as requested;
- Foster a strong learning culture based on the application of sub program Monitoring & Evaluation Plans and ensure that risk management is integrated into work cycles and processes; and
- Represent AAI at key meetings, ceremonies and events, as requested
Position Description Deputy Program Director.pdf
- The ideal candidate for this senior leadership position will have:
- 10 years or more experience in program operations, administration, human resource management and financial management;
- 10 years or more experience working with and overseeing complex data and reporting systems;
- 5 years or more experience in management of international development-related scholarship programs with DFAT or other donors, preferably in Indonesia;
- 5 or more years experience working with structures and organisation of Government of Indonesia agencies;
- Senior experience in developing and working with IT networks and MS Office products;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Fluency in Indonesian language is desirable; and
- Excellent understanding of the quality systems underpinning all Australia Awards operations.
The position is classified as Discipline B/Level 3 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. For full details please view via http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf
Further enquiries can be directed to email@example.com quoting the job reference 495651.
Applications close: 5pm (Jakarta time) Friday 27 October 2017
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now