Job no: 495714
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
- Technical leadership opportunity – top tier environmental consultancy
- Key role within our land contamination & environmental auditing teams across ANZ
- Abbotsford, Victoria
About the role
This critical leadership opportunity will suit a driven professional who is looking to play a key role in our strategic growth plan for Australia and New Zealand.
The role is client facing and is an integrated part of the land contamination and environmental auditing teams across Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting to the Site Assessment and Remediation Leader in Victoria, you'll be instrumental in leveraging your technical expertise to increase our capability in contaminated land engineering including mitigation of risks from soil, water, gas and vapour contamination throughout the ANZ region. In this highly visible role, you'll work with the team to drive marketing and business development activities to grow the practice area while providing expert technical input into complex projects.
You will be supported by local in-house specialist engineering design teams, hydrogeologists, geotechnical engineers, project managers, landfill design specialists and environmental approval consultants. You will also have the opportunity to work with global experts in land contamination and water treatment through our North American sister companies.
Essentially, you’ll be responsible for:
- Input to the strategic direction of remediation capabilities and services in the Australasian region
- Technical direction of remediation planning and implementation
- Providing technical oversight and direction of complex site investigation and excavation programs
- Driving business development activity including maintaining and developing critical client relationships, identifying new growth opportunities and winning work
- Developing, mentoring, and supporting the team to build technical capability
For success in the role, you’ll be tertiary qualified in environmental science/engineering and will have:
- Significant experience in contamination remediation design and implementation – some international experience will be advantageous
- Experience in excavation programs, contractor management, soil management plans and sediment control
- Strong working knowledge of a range of groundwater and surface water remediation techniques, with proven experience in design and implementation
- Professional services essentials – strong commercial acumen, project management and client relationship skills
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills
- An ability to provide clear direction, coaching and mentoring to employees
- Sound knowledge of and experience working within the Defence or Industrial sectors
In return, you'll join a high profile top tier consultancy committed to a culture of developing smart solutions for our clients and successful and rewarding careers for our people. We also offer work practices that are flexible - so that you can give your best to all the areas of life that are important to you.
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now