Job no: 495719
Work type: Contract
Location: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Categories: International development
- 12 month contract with potential for extension
- Based in Vientiane, Lao PDR with frequent travel to provinces
The goal of BEQUAL is to ensure all girls and boys, especially those experiencing disadvantage, complete a quality basic education to achieve literacy, numeracy and other life skills. The program will address education policy, planning and coordination, increased child participation in and access to basic education, teacher education and improved school infrastructure.
Coffey through BEQUAL is currently seeking applications for a National Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer to be based full time in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
The National MEL Officer works closely with the National MEL Manager and International MEL Adviser, as well as colleagues in the Ministry of Education and Sports and BEQUAL team members to support the collection, reporting and analysis of relevant data. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting field work (often in remote and rural locations) to collect monitoring data;
- Submitting work plans and monitoring reports on the BEQUAL Education Innovation Fund activities;
- Contributing to the design and instruments for monitoring activities;
- Liaising with MoES counterparts and contribute to the building the M&E capacity;
- Supervising the monitoring database and ensuring quality data entry; and
- Contributing to monitoring reports and evaluative assessments.
Position Description National MEL Officer .pdf
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified and have previous practical experience in collecting, managing and reporting monitoring and evaluating data and information, including experience working with databases and online reporting systems. Previous experience in community-based development initiatives and monitoring and evaluation fieldwork is required, with the ability to work in diverse team environments and with a range of stakeholders. An ability to communicate effectively in English and in Lao languages is also required for this position.
This position is open to Lao nationals only.
Further enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference 495719.
Applications close 5.00pm (Laos time) 15 December 2017.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now