Job no: 495733
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - ACT
Categories: Graduates, Geoservices
- Work within a well-recognised consultancy and experienced team.
- Exposure to varied and interesting projects with large and well known clients
- Based in Canberra, ACT with periodic travel for project works in NSW and nationally
An opportunity to work in a hands on, challenging role that will provide for a mix of field and office work. The energetic applicant will learn new skills and gain valuable experience whilst improving the world we live in via the assessment, remediation and management of contaminated land.
About the role
This role is more than a desk job. It’s about solving problems for our clients by executing field programs, interpreting collected data and preparing technical reports.
You’ll be part of our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group – a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists and environmental practitioners working throughout Australia and New Zealand.
You’ll broaden your Environmental skill, working closely with some of the industry’s leaders. You will also get the opportunity to develop basic geotechnical skills, working alongside our geotechnical colleagues. Working in a close knit team, you’ll be provided with great support and you’ll get the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and clients.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Safety management associated with the tasks being undertaken.
- Perform technical and non-technical tasks including fieldwork, reporting and project management.
- Fieldwork tasks including collection of soil, water and gas samples from contaminated sites, management/supervision of subcontractors, site inspections, and management of site safety.
- Preparation of reports including: Preliminary Site Investigations, Detailed Site Investigations, Remediation Action Plans and Validation reports. These reports will include the preparation of data tables, interpretation of results, development of conceptual site models and report writing.
- Project management - engagement and supervision of subcontractors, completion of safety documentation, completion of background searches, data management, etc.
- Participate in and contribute to developing technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet our client’s needs.
- Contribute to the development and submission of winning proposals.
Ideally you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or a related discipline
- first aid, construction industry safety training and other safety qualifications.
- an understanding and some experience in remediation and site assessment, as well as ground water sampling or soil sampling and a working knowledge of guidelines and standards related to the management of contamination land
- demonstrated capability to perform analytical and written communication tasks.
- a flexible approach to your work and be highly motivated, organised and have a genuine interest in the assessment and management of contaminated land, with a desire to build a career in this area.
You must hold Australian work rights and a current Australian manual driver’s license to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful team and work for an internationally recognised company and a key player in the field. So if this sounds like you, apply today!
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now