Job no: 495740
Work type: Contract
Location: Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The
Categories: International development
Background to the programme
The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is one of the poorest countries in the world and the humanitarian situation in the last year has deteriorated with over four million internally displaced people. DFID aims to develop a five year Humanitarian Programme starting in early 2018 which will work to address these issues.
DFID's Humanitarian Programme aims to:
- Provide immediate humanitarian assistance and protection for people most in need
- Promote individual, household and community resilience to also meet medium-longer term needs
- Strengthen the overall humanitarian response through pushing reform, primarily commitments linked to the Word Humanitarian Summit and associated Grand Bargain, and Core Humanitarian Standards
DFID is proposing a flexible approach to its Humanitarian Programme delivery - prioritising multi-year funding and planning with a range of partners to reinforce responsiveness and Value for Money. The implementation of the programme will cover a DRC Humanitarian Fund (Country Based Pooled Fund); UN agencies; ICRC and NGOs.
DFID are seeking a Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) facility to reinforce quality, adaptive programming and provide reassurance on DFID compliance requirements. The call is likely to include elements of independent monitoring, third party monitoring, rapid research, programme level evaluations, and VFM assessments.
We are searching for a strong Evaluation Advisor to support us in the Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) elements of the programme. As the Evaluation Advisor, you will lead on MLE programme planning and reporting to meet both Coffey and DFID requirements. This includes regular (quarterly and annual) reports as well as ad-hoc queries from the donor.
- You will provide technical guidance and overall supervision of the evaluation team
- You will finalise the evaluation design and methodology and coordinate fieldwork and data collection across the country
- You will coordinate activity implementation to ensure goals, outcomes and reporting requirements are met
- You will consolidate and guide individual input from team members, developing the capacity of the project team and driving excellence
Professional expertise and core competencies
- A Masters degree level qualification in a related discipline;
- You will have deep knowledge and familiarity with the current social, political and economic context in DRC;
- Experience and proven success in managing the delivery of MLE assignments for a range of international clients in a consultancy role or as a staff member within a major aid agency is essential.
- Significant technical expertise in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis is essential, e.g. qualitative methods; survey design; survey sampling; quantitative statistical analysis; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, and French and knowledge of local languages is desirable.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send us your CV outlining your experience and one page cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the role. Please mention Evaluation Advisor – DRC Evaluation. Please include details of your current availability.
Coffey brings a robust monitoring and evaluation approach to our programmes to ensure the best development outcomes. With our support, projects and local organisations are equipped with practical tools to monitor the progress of their work and make changes when required so they can achieve results.
And we measure development effectiveness. We’ve conducted more than 600 evaluations for clients such as the European Commission, DFID, the US Department of State and USAID. The evaluations help donors learn lessons they can apply to future policies and programs, while evidence of what works and what doesn’t can be shared more broadly, so that the best ideas and practices are emulated.
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now