Job no: 495769
Work type: Contract
Location: Australia - VIC
- Work with a highly reputable consultancy and the environmental leader in the area
- Exposure to varied and interesting projects with large and well known clients
- Newtown, Victoria
Some roles are all about the work. Ours are all about the opportunity. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
This role is more than a desk job. It’s about leading field programs, being exposed to how we engage with our clients and contractors, and preparing technical reports for a diverse range of interesting projects.
You’ll be part of our specialist Contamination Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group – a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers, Geologists, Hydrogeologists, Chemists and Environmental practitioners working throughout Australia and New Zealand.
You’ll broaden your Environmental skill, working closely with some of the industry’s leaders. You will also get the opportunity to develop basic geotechnical skills, working alongside our geotechnical colleagues. Working in a close knit team, you’ll be provided with great support and you’ll get the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and clients.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Undertake both technical and non-technical tasks including; preparation and completion of fieldwork; collating, analysing, interpreting and presenting data; and preparation of various types of contamination related reports
- Observing and guiding site remediation activities
- Manage small scale or low complexity projects, identifying and communicating risks to Project Managers
- Participate in and contribute to developing technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet our client’s needs
- Contribute to the development and submission of winning proposals
Ideally you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or a related discipline
- experience in a similar role (4 years’+) preferably within a consultancy organisation
- experience in remediation and site assessment, as well as ground water sampling or soil sampling
- sound analytical and report writing skills, confidence in interacting with clients and a commitment to ongoing professional development;
- experience and working knowledge of guidelines and standards related to the management of contamination land
- you will take a flexible approach to your work and be highly motivated, organised and have a genuine interest in the assessment and management of contaminated land, with a desire to build a career in this area.
- you must hold Australian work rights and a current Australian driver’s license to apply for this position
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful team and work for an internationally company and a key player in the field. So if this sounds like you, apply today!
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now