Take your career to a winning level with Coffey’s Team in Poland, providing specialist support to global donors in development aid programmes and projects.
Based in our Warsaw office you will have a unique opportunity to work with project teams in delivery of consultancy services supporting governance and social development as well as economics and private sector development.
We’re an international development company that works with clients in the public and private sectors to deliver complex projects in some of the world’s most challenging countries. We find sustainable answers to international development challenges – covering areas including governance, security, economic growth and evaluation and research – working with partners on the ground to develop usable tools and methodologies to support the long-term development of the communities and countries in which we have worked.
Every Coffey relationship is built on trust. Trust that’s hard-earned through our proven expertise, our depth of global experience and our commitment to stay one-step ahead.
Our united group of specialists, many of whom number among the best in the world take enormous pride in collaborating with our project partners.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to support the various activities relating to the project cycle in a specific sector through assisting in business development, project management and relationship management. You will support the project team in preparation of project bids, project mobilisation and ongoing project management to be delivered on time and on budget to meet project and client needs (such as the European Commission or the UK Department for International Development).
Reporting to a Manager, a key deliverable of the positions to ensure that the above activities of Coffey International Development are implemented in a professional manner as per Company procedure with an absolute focus on quality and timeliness.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures and statutory and legal requirements
- Comply with and promote all statutory and company HSSE policies, standards and procedures. Lead by example to instigate and follow work practices which result in a healthy and safe workplace; promote the physical security of our people and assets; and which make Coffey an environmentally sustainable business and responsible corporate citizen in all of the regions in which we work
- Provide administrative support to project staff (coordination of meetings, note taking, disseminating information etc.);attending to calls, visitors and mail procedures;
- Provide support on bids through the following activities: assist in the tracking, planning and coordinating new business opportunities; searching for consultants/subcontractors, proposal preparation and submission
- Substantial contribution to project implementation through: sourcing candidates to staff projects, coordination of consultant mobilisation; contract preparation, assisting with technical and financial project management;
- Support individual and group goals that are aligned with Company strategy and appropriate business plans
- Achieve individual Key Performance Indicators as determined in periodic performance review
- Reconcile subcontractor days invoiced with contracts
- Undertake research as directed on project costings
You will be expected to possess most or all of the following attributes:
- Degree in a relevant subject (e.g.: development studies, economics, politics, international relations, business, law or sociology)-
- Excellent communication skills in English and Polish (both oral and written)
- General knowledge of development assistance programs, working experience in the development / corporate sector is desirable
- Ability to think logically and possess skills in problem identification and resolution
- Good communication and collaboration skills, ability to work not only as a team member but also with limited supervision
- Strong focus on delivery
- Good knowledge of a range of software applications and strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows Word, Excel, Office, Outlook and PowerPoint
The successful candidate will demonstrate qualities in line with Coffey’s vision, behaviours and promise to flourish in the role: integrity; delivery; collaboration; respect; ingenuity; intelligent risk.
The application submission deadline is 15th February 2018.
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter and click ‘apply now’.
Applicants must have the Right to Work in Poland to apply for this position.