Job no: 495862
Work type: Contract
Location: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Categories: International development
The goal of BEQUAL is to ensure all girls and boys, especially those experiencing disadvantage, complete a quality basic education to achieve literacy, numeracy and other life skills. The program will address education policy, planning and coordination, increased child participation in and access to basic education, teacher education and improved school infrastructure.
Coffey through BEQUAL is seeking applications for two key specialist roles to join this significant and high performing education program.
The WASH Health Trainer will work with the BEQUAL Infrastructure Team and the Ministry of Education and Sports at central, provincial and district levels to build capacity in hygiene education and practice at the district and school level. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Department of Pre-Primary and Primary Education (DPPE) and Ministry of Health (MOH) and the BEQUAL team to develop and implement hygiene education materials to be included in the Primary School curriculum
- Work closely with MoES and BEQUAL staff on a day to day basis as well as participating in visits to schools to undertake training
- Increase the BEQUAL Infrastructure Team and the Education Construction and Design and Management (ECDM) team in their knowledge and confidence in hygiene education
- Support MoES and BEQUAL staff to implement improved information management systems and collection of data for use at national and international levels on water, sanitation and hygiene issues
- Enhance staff and trainer capacity in delivering training at the school level and monitor the roll-out of training.
Position Description WASH Health Trainer .pdf
The ideal candidate will have qualifications in Public Health, Environmental Management, or related field relevant to hygiene education, combined with demonstrated experience in developing education materials and in training staff and students in hygiene education techniques and methodologies. Previous experience working with water, sanitation and hygiene in schools is highly desirable and working with diverse stakeholders from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds will be an advantage
Lao nationals are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.
For further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number 495862.
Applications close: 6pm (Laos time) 2nd March 2018.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now