Job no: 495989
Work type: Contract
Categories: International development
Intervention Assistant – Enugu, Nigeria
Nigeria Policing Programme
- We are looking for an intervention assistant to support the Nigeria Policing Programme's operations in Enugu.
- The project runs until end of March 2019.
- Enugu, Nigeria.
The Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) is funded by the British High Commission through the Conflict, Stabilisation and Security Fund (CSSF). The programme aims to improve the Nigerian Police Force’s contribution to the delivery of safety and security for Nigerians in target states; strengthen internal and external accountability mechanisms; and improve the coherence of security provision among and between formal and informal security actors.
NPP will work to support the areas of accountability for professional standards; enhancing community policing practices within the police; evidence led resource allocation; and, cohesion and coordination among policing actors on safety and security issues that matter to Nigeria’s people. NPP will do this through; building capacity within the NPF and targeted policing accountability mechanisms; providing technical assistance to key counterparts and institutions to improve their functioning; facilitate improved communication within and between security actors; and improve the effectiveness of public outreach and public advocacy. Ultimately, NPP will seek to contribute to an outcome where the NPF in target areas, and targeted accountability mechanisms are, and are perceived to be more capable and responsive institutions with improved integrity We will work vertically through the administrative levels – Federal, State, Local – addressing the identified problems at each to maximise impact throughout the policing structures. We will also work horizontally to ensure that interventions are designed to improve service delivery, accountability, coherence, and evidence based resourcing and planning in a joined up and meaningful way.
The Intervention Assistant will be responsible for supporting the effective functioning of NPPs office in Enugu, and supporting NPPs activities at state level. They will be required to provide administrative and financial support. This will include but not be limited to:
- Assistance in the reconciliation of petty cash and financial requests for the state office.
- Supporting procurement of assets for state office, and ensure proper documentation.
- Supporting logistics related to intervention activities/project management.
- Ensure smooth running of events and meetings.
- Ensuring compliance to NPPs processes.
- Undertake general administrative tasks such as printing, scanning, filing.
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of the project offices.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of financial administration, including handling petty cash and completing financial forms and filing.
- Experience of project administration and supporting project activities, including workshops.
- Experience of general office administration duties
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel is desirable.
Competencies and behaviours
- Ability to work in a small team, with a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Grounding in financial and project administration
- Well organised and a strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Please submit a CV online using the link provided. Please ensure you CV details your experience and skills related to this role.
Applications close: 25 March 2018
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
NPP TOR State Intervention Assistant final_Enugu.docm
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now