Job no: 496049
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
- Develop your skills as part of a supportive team of passionate professionals
- Exposure to interesting, challenging projects and a diverse range of clients
- You will be based in our Newcastle office
Join a top tier consultancy and an experienced team of professionals who will provide a collaborative and supportive approach to your career development.
About the role
This role is more than a desk job. It’s about leading field programs, being exposed to how we engage with our clients and contractors, and preparing technical reports for a range of interesting projects.
You’ll be part of our specialist Contamination Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group – a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers, Geologists, Hydrogeologists, Chemists and Environmental practitioners working throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Our Newcastle team is a tightly knit, collaborative group with whom you will be exposed to business and proposal development, project management (including technical aspects of sub-contractor management, development of assessment programs, financial and time management), preparation of sampling, analysis and quality plans, fieldwork, data assessment and reporting.
You will be a key support member to our senior environmental professionals who require a driven, development focused individual to assist in the successful execution of a diverse range of projects for our clients. You’ll broaden your environmental skill, working closely with some of the industry’s leaders.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Undertaking a variety of tasks including preparation and completion of fieldwork; collating, analysing, interpreting and presenting data; and preparation of various contamination related reports
- Observing and guiding site remediation activities
- Managing small scale or low complexity projects, identifying and communicating risks to Project Managers
- Contributing to developing technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet our client’s needs
- Contributing to the development and submission of winning proposals
We offer a structured induction and training, professional development and ongoing mentoring and supervision. Coffey is a multi-disciplinary organisation and you will be exposed to working with a wider team of geotechnical, projects and engineering professional both locally and throughout the wider business. The opportunities for growth in the role are vast.
Ideally you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or a related discipline
- experience in a similar role (2 years’+) preferably within a consultancy organisation
- demonstrable experience in remediation and site assessment awareness of current relevant legislation, guidelines and regulations related to the management of contaminated land would be beneficial)
- experience in environmental sampling and monitoring including ground water sampling and/or soil sampling - air, OHS and noise monitoring experience will be viewed favourably
- sound analytical and report writing skills, confidence in interacting with clients and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Australian work rights and a current Australian driver’s license are essential for this position
We’ll develop your skills in remediation, site assessment and report writing as well as provide opportunities to engage with clients, contribute to winning proposals and be a member of a team delivering world class projects.
In return we ask that you have a flexible approach to your work, are highly motivated, organised and have a genuine interest in building your career as a specialist in the assessment and management of contaminated land.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful team and work for an international company and a key player in the field. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now