Job no: 496050
Work type: Permanent
Location: New Zealand
Categories: Project management consulting
Project Manager, horizontal infrastructure - Queenstown
- Horizontal infrastructure projects
- Work on challenging projects across local and central government
We have a number of horizontal infrastructure projects in Queenstown and across the South Island. We would like to grow our team and are looking for experienced, capable project managers to work on road and 3 waters projects.
About the role
You will have experience working on horizontal infrastructure projects across New Zealand and have a reputation for successfully delivering profitable projects to your client’s satisfaction. You must be able to pick this type of project up quickly and steer the future direction by the successful delivery of a high profile project to the client’s satisfaction.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing, tracking and reporting on project deliverables, budgets, resourcing and timelines
- Developing effective client relationships; managing client meetings and project communications
- Leading and managing project stakeholders including statutory authorities, consultants, contractors and end-users
- Ensuring fully integrated and high quality client solutions
Ideally, you have a professional engineering qualification with New Zealand experience in project management and a successful track record in the delivery of road and 3 waters projects.
You will also have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in project or construction management
- Proficiency or strong understanding in client-side project management, with outstanding planning and organisational skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent working knowledge of OH&S policies
- 8+ years project management experience in New Zealand
You have excellent business acumen, negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills.
You appreciate that business development is part of the job and enjoy helping clients develop solutions. You will need to have a recognised ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very factors that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver. If you would like to discuss these opportunities further, please call June Roberts in on +64 3 336 5410 or email email@example.com
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now