Job no: 496053
Work type: Contract
Location: United Kingdom
Categories: International development
- Coffey is seeking Quantitative Analysts to support the design and delivery of impact evaluations using qualitative methodologies
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting on all elements of quantitative research;
- Designing research with the support of Impact Evaluation leads and Statisticians (including sampling approach, tool design, etc);
- Developing quantitative research tools;
- Coordinating fieldwork and data collection, including training of enumerators and piloting data collection tools;
- Data cleaning and processing;
- Analysis of quantitative data using STATA;
- Feeding into report writing.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years experience conducting quantitative research in a development context.
- Experience or knowledge of experimental / quasi-experimental impact evaluations;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and a very good understanding of different qualitative social research techniques and methods for complex assignments in international settings;
- Experience using statistical software such as STATA or SPSS;
- A university degree or equivalent (preferably with a relevant post-graduate qualification);
- Demonstrated Experience designing and conducting quantitative research;
- Understanding of the international development sector;
- Clear, confident and articulate communicator;
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail;
- Demonstrated excellent command of the English language – written and spoken.
- Understanding or experience of conducting Quasi-experimental or experimental Impact Evaluations (e.g. difference in difference or randomised control trial designs);
- Knowledge and a good understanding of qualitative and mixed method approaches;
- Experience conducting research in developing countries, and coordinating teams of researchers;
- Understanding of one or more of the following in International Development: gender equality; women and girls’ economic empowerment; social impact and entrepreneurship; business and innovation.
Who we are
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Coffey’s Evaluation and Research team is a highly successful specialist consultancy, employing a multi-national team, based in central London. We have built up a strong reputation in the research and evaluation of public sector activities. We are part of a specialist global professional services consultancy, Tetra Tech, operating in 80 countries and employing 16,000 professionals world-wide.
We have a long track record of delivering high quality evaluation, impact assessment, research, analysis and advice on the policies, programmes and other interventions of our public sector clients, in particular the European Commission, but also other public sector clients in the US, Australia, Europe and the UK.
Our evaluation work for EU clients focuses on interventions in a wide range of policy areas. These include: agriculture, enterprise and industry, employment and social affairs, education and culture, fisheries and maritime affairs, health, justice and consumer affairs, information and communication, public diplomacy, research and technological development, taxation and customs policies, and transport. Coffey’s Evaluation & Research Practice is also active in the field of international development.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now