Job no: 496060
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Project management consulting, International development
Senior Consultant to be based in our Warsaw office to support our growing portfolio of work for EU institutions and international development clients. We are looking for someone who combines leadership skills with being a team player and is keen to make a strong contribution to delivering interesting and high quality research work for our clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering evaluation and impact assessment work, developing evaluation designs and research methodologies, gathering and analysing evidence, and writing high-quality reports for our clients (in particular the EU institutions and international development clients).
- Managing evaluation and impact assessment projects, providing leadership and guidance to specific project and bid teams of Coffey consultants and external experts.
- Establishing good client relationships and a reputation for delivering bold and robust solutions to complex problems that exceed client expectations.
- Ensuring that individual assignments are delivered to plan and that financial targets for projects are met.
- Helping to grow the business by preparing tenders, and identifying and pursuing BD opportunities in new and existing markets.
- Acting as a leader and role model to help drive the strategic direction of the business, particularly the Evaluation and Research Practice, and strengthen Coffey’s capacity to deliver evaluation services in different sectors.
- Managing, mentoring and appraising junior staff.
We are looking for an evaluation professional with a specific set of skills and experience. An analytical mind, a proven ability to manage complex projects and a positive attitude are required. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in evaluation and research of public policies and programmes.
- Excellent command of English, with other EU languages being a significant advantage
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and a very good understanding of different quantitative and qualitative social research techniques and methods for complex assignments in international settings.
- Significant project and client management experience and good commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, and meet tight deadlines.
- A university degree (preferably with a relevant post-graduate qualification).
- Flexibility to travel - mainly in Europe but occasionally globally up to 20% of the time.
- In-depth knowledge and previous experience of working with the EU institutions and/or international development clients.
- Expertise in one or more specific policy areas (we currently work in a number of policy areas across the European Commission, including development cooperation, public health, food, taxation and customs, research and innovation, fisheries, communication, education and culture, enterprise and industry, employment and social affairs, and justice).
- Experience of economic analysis methodologies, for example to support cost benefit analysis and impact assessments.
The successful candidate will be offered a role as a Senior Consultant in Coffey’s Evaluation and Research team based in Warsaw, and expected to help ensure its continuing success in years to come.
The role provides the opportunity to further develop both your evaluation, management and leadership skills within a team of like-minded professionals from our teams in Warsaw, London and Brussels.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter, clearly outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role, to: Karolina.Wrona@coffey.com, quoting reference to “E&R_SC_04.18”.
Applications close: Wednesday, 25th April 2018.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Applications close: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now