Job no: 496080
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
Geotechnical Tailings Engineer - Perth, Western Australia
- Geotechnical engineer with 3 to 7 years’ experience
- Work with some of the world’s most highly respected engineers
- Perth, Western Australia
Some roles are all about the work. Ours are all about the opportunity. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
Coffey has the solutions and the expertise to help mining companies meet stringent environmental regulations for tailings discharge and water management while also operating their projects efficiently.
Our tailings specialists deliver innovative storage solutions offering both economic and environmental advantages over traditional methods.
Your career and technical skillset will benefit by being surrounded by this deep expertise. You'll work with our specialists. Their industry insight and global experience will make a difference to your career.
Beyond your qualifications in civil engineering, engineering geology or related field, we’ll develop your skills in engaging with clients, contributing to winning proposals and delivering projects.
The role will include:
- Preparing proposals and planning geotechnical investigations and laboratory testing.
- Undertaking geotechnical investigations, supervising subcontractors.
- Review safety and operation of tailings and water storage facilities, undertake inspections and audits.
- Developing designs for tailings storage facilities to meet regulatory and project requirements.
- Prepare design specifications, scope of works and schedules for construction.
- Preparation of reports and documentation, including design reports, interpretive geotechnical and laboratory reports, construction progress reports, audit and inspection reporting.
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
If you would like to discuss this position please call June Roberts on 02 9406 1230.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now