Job no: 496133
Work type: Contract
Location: Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Categories: International development
Governance, Security and Justice Practice
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Coffey is currently implementing the North Africa Technical Assistance Facility (‘The TAF’), for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). The TAF is a dynamic, demand driven facility specific to North Africa delivered in partnership with the UK government, host government counterparts and Coffey. The TAF is designed to deliver technical assistance to Governments, non-governmental organisations (NGO) and multilateral partners in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Algeria and regionally.
As part of the TAF Coffey require a sub-national governance advisor. The expert will have excellent English language skills, and a working knowledge of Arabic. The Local Governance advisor will support project teams by providing technical expertise and advice to our clients, the governments we work with and to other members of our teams. The advisor will have excellent English language skills, and a working knowledge of Arabic. The expert will be deployed in-country to Libya, with time spent in Tunis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of public governance expertise, working with governments to institute de-centralisation and sub-national governance reform.
- Experience of working with Ministers and high-level officials within ministries of local administration or similar.
- Experience of working within MENA or Afghanistan, and with donors and governments in fragile and conflict affected states
- Excellent English skills and a working knowledge of Arabic are required (Native Arabic speaker preferred).
- A postgraduate degree such as a MPA or similar would be desirable but is not required
- Experience working with the UK government (DFID, FCO) is desirable but not required
- Should be available to deploy to Libya within 4-8 weeks, with the ability to commence a long-term in-country posting
Applications close: 30/05/2018
Please note we will be recruiting on a rolling basis and therefore encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Applications close: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now