Job no: 496151
Work type: Contract
Categories: International development
Senior Climate Resilient WaSH Expert – Addis, Ethiopia
Delivering Climate Resilient Water and Sanitation in Ethiopia
Coffey is looking for senior Climate Resilient WaSH expert for DFID’s “Delivering Climate Resilient Water and Sanitation in Ethiopia” programme (CRWaSH Ethiopia) for short term consulting assignments for up to 50 days per year over 4 years.
DFID wishes to appoint a supplier to manage a programme of financial aid and technical assistance to the Government of Ethiopia and other non-state actors to implement measures to improve the resilience of water and sanitation services to climate change in selected climate-vulnerable regions of the country.
The programme will benefit 5 million people, with up to 1 million people affected by drought benefitting from new or reinstated water and sanitation services. The programme complements DFID Ethiopia’s significant programming on water and sanitation and supports effective delivery of the Government of Ethiopia’s strategy for sustainable water supply in drought-affected areas.
- To establish and manage a programme of financial aid and technical assistance to the Government of Ethiopia and other non-state actors to implement measures to improve the resilience of water and sanitation services to climate change in selected climate-vulnerable regions of the country.
- Programme activities will be in the following areas:
- Mapping and management of groundwater resources.
- Integrating climate resilience into design norms and standards.
- Building the capacity of Government of Ethiopia staff to use climate information.
- Implementing measures such as flood protection and drought management in selected districts (‘woredas’) in Ethiopia.
- The expected impact of the programme is to support communities and households to become more resilient to current climate variability and future climate change and through improved access to services have improved health and reduced poverty.
This is a senior technical expert position. Experience and expertise required in (a) integrating climate resilience into design norms and standards for water and sanitation; (b) building the capacity of government staff to use climate information, and (c) implementing mitigation measures for climate resilient water and sanitation such as flood protection and drought management. Country experience in Africa is required, experience in Ethiopia is desirable. Must be qualified to a minimum level of a relevant Master’s degree with more than 15 years of professional experience.
International or national candidates may apply
Applications close: 10 July 2018
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: E. Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now