Who we are
Are you a Research Manager tired of your reports locked away gathering dust? Coffey wants you!
The Evaluation and Research team at Coffey is a highly successful specialist consultancy, employing a multi-national team, based in central London. We have built up a strong reputation in the research and evaluation of public sector activities. We are part of a specialist global professional services consultancy, Tetra Tech, operating in 80 countries and employing 16,000 professionals world-wide.
We have a long track record of delivering high quality evaluation, impact assessment, research, analysis and advice on the policies, programmes and other interventions of our public sector clients. We partner with DFID (Department for International Development) centrally and country offices around the world and other UK Government dpeartments (including the FCO and Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy) and other development donors in the European Union and elswhere.
We are looking to recruit a Manager who will be responsible for project leadership of research and evaluation studies of major international projects. Taking day-to-day responsibility for the successful delivery and working closely with our team of technical specialists. There will also be responsibility for developing proposals and identifying new opportuniites to increase Coffey's portfolio of work.
Responsibilites will include:
- Managing the various activities relating to the project cycle including business development (identifying and preparing bids), project management, client relationship management, and internal line management.
- Manage the project team in preparation of project bids, project mobilisation and ongoing project management to be delivered in a professional manner, on time and on budget with an absolute focus on quality to meet the project and client needs.
- Contribute to the effective organisation of work across the Evaluation and Research Practice as a memeber of the Practice Management Unit that manages work allocations and business development priorities across the team.
- The Research Manager will also contribute to the development of company policy, systems and procedures in the areas of business development, project management, quality control, communication and people management.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an evaluation professional with a specific set of skills and experience. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- A working knowledge of a range of software applications and strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel Project Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and project implementation, including preparation of project proposals, negotiation of contract terms, quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Proven experience in report writing and presentation skills.
- Well-developed quality and results focussed orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/strong customer service ethic.
- Strong team player able to work under limited supervision and take initiative and experienced people manager.
- Clear, confident and articulate communicator.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative; problem solving and organisational agility; ability to think on your feet.
- Able to meet reporting deadlines.
- Accountable for outcomes.
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge and experience of international devlopment programmes is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of evaluation and research methodologies desirable.
- Bachelor degree from a recognised tertiary institution in a relevant subject (eg. Business Management, Development) required.
- Project management qualification highly desirable.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant subject (eg. Business Management, Development) desirable.
What we can offer you
- The successful candidate will be offered a role as an Evaluation and Research Manager in Coffey, and expected to help ensure the continuing success of the practice in years to come.
- The role provides the opportunity to further develop both your evaluation, management and leadership skills within a team of like-minded professionals.
- The position being offered is a full-time permanent post based in Coffey’s offices in central London. The role will involve international travel.
- Coffey offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme and a pension contribution. In addition, Coffey provides private health insurance, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, clearly outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role, to: email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 29th June 2018.
Coffey is an equal opportunities employer.
Candidates must have the Right-to-Work within the United Kingdom.