Job no: 497155
Work type: Permanent
Location: New Zealand
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Tauranga
- Join our world class Geotechnical consulting group
- Play a significant role in developing our successful future in
Our roles ask more of you. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
The Coffey Tauranga office is an integral part of the NZ business, with the NZ Head office in Auckland and a further three offices in the North and South Islands.
In a close-knit and growing local office, you will be part of the much larger, strong national geotechnical team. Reporting to the local team leader, this position requires a balance of independence and collaboration in approach. It will see you managing clients and projects with a high degree of judgment and technical engineering expertise in slope stability, liquefaction potential, and soft soils.
You can expect to manage well-trained team members and a variety of clients, and get involved in some exciting and diverse projects, including residential, commercial, and industrial and a range of civil infrastructure. We have a large local and national client base with diversity of projects in size, complexity and project type, which make Coffey an employer of choice.
Technical excellence is important, consulting skills are equally as important. We require all of our staff at Coffey to have excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong team and client relationships.
Ideally you will have:
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree. Postgraduate studies and/or CPEng/PEngGeol status would be highly regarded, together with Tauranga Category 1 Geo-Professional certification
- Experience in a consulting environment and in geotechnical site investigations and design, particularly in slope stability and ground improvement analysis and design
- Local industry experience with solid knowledge of slope stability assessments, analysis and remedial design, but can also consult as a generalist geotechnical engineer
- Proven success in building strong client relationships in the local market with the ability to develop your business development skills further
- Be a proficient project manager on small to large scale projects
- Have very strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional interpretative and analytical skills
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity role further please call June Roberts in on +64 3 336 5410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now