- Based in Suva, Fiji (some travel may be required)
- Full time, 12 months with an option to extend
Australia’s Support to Fiji’s Education Sector is funded by the Australian Government and is managed by Coffey through the Fiji Program Support Facility. It is a five-year program, valued at up to AUD25 million, and focuses on systems strengthening, supporting the Fiji Government’s civil service reforms in the education sector, and will focus on literacy and numeracy, inclusive education, Fiji Education Management Information System (FEMIS), and teacher preparation and development.
The Program will contribute to the strategic priorities of the Ministry of Education, Heritage and Arts (MEHA) that support quality learning and teaching through targeted support including demand driven technical assistance, grants to support analytics and partnerships. The end of program outcome is ‘Central and decentralised systems and partnerships deliver the support to schools that enables all primary boys and girls to learn’. The Program has three pillars with the following foci:
Pillar 1 – Central systems enable schools to provide inclusive learning for all
Pillar 2 – District and school systems support teachers and all students learning
Pillar 3 – School communities contribute to inclusive and supportive school cultures.
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Coordinator will provide support and assistance to the Ministry of Education, Heritage and Arts (MEHA) in support of its equitable and inclusive education objectives for all children in Fiji as outlined in the Education Sector Strategic Development Plan, and the Facility Education Program Design.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the MEHA to implement and monitor the Policy on Special and Inclusive Education and the Education section of the National Gender Policy
- Facilitate training and workshops for the Education Program team and MEHA partners
- Work collaboratively with the Education Program team, including advisers, program staff and subcontractors to ensure that GESI is integrated into all program components including curriculum development, teacher training, and teaching and learning in the classroom
- Follow up with MEHA and CSO partners after activities to monitor GESI-related learning in practice, and to mentor as necessary (e.g. office and field visits)
- Provide analysis and advice to the Education Team concerning any changes in the local operating environment and impact on the Education Program.
FPSF PD GESI Coordinator.pdf
The ideal candidate for this position must have a relevant degree and will demonstrate considerable understanding of the Fiji development context, the general aid environment and local resources that can support gender equality and social inclusion in education.
Fiji nationals only are asked to apply for this position.
For further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 497195
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 19/08/2018
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection. The Organisation
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.