Job no: 497490
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Junior/Graduate Geophysicist - Sydney
- Build and drive your career within a leading engineering geophysics team
- Junior/Graduate Geophysicist with 1 to 2 years experience
- Competitive salary offered
At Coffey we are looking to attract, develop, engage and retain the best geophysicists.
It's a great time to join Coffey. This role will build your technical expertise with a diverse range of projects across a wide geographic area. No two days will be the same.
We are now looking for a geophysicist with 1 to 2 years’ experience to work on exciting and innovative geotechnical engineering and geo-environmental projects in the transport infrastructure, oil and gas, property and land development, and resources sectors.
About the role
When you join Coffey the world of opportunity opens to you and you will become part of a premier global provider of consulting and engineering services with 400 offices worldwide.
Reporting to the Geophysics Manager in our Chatswood office, this position needs a geophysicist to work in a team environment on geotechnical engineering (transport and linear infrastructure), energy, groundwater and environmental geophysics projects.
The work will comprise a mix of fieldwork including interstate and occasional international travel along with office-based data processing, analysis, interpretation and reporting liaising with clients and internal geotechnical engineers giving you incredible experience and opportunity to learn from our best and brightest senior professionals.
As a Geophysicist your key focus will be field work and data handling (processing, analysis & interpretation), and contributing to high quality reporting. Work will involve short to medium duration travel throughout Australia and sometimes remote overseas locations.
Your value as an eventual high performing consultant will be in providing maximum value to our clients helping them manage their risks through the integration of innovative geophysical techniques in areas such as:-
- Transport/civil infrastructure – Roads (construction, pavements), rail, bridges (foundations, river crossings), tunnels
- Coastal engineering – seawalls, wharfs, jetties, marine offloading facilities
- Dredging, reclamation, shipping channels.
- Linear infrastructure – Pipelines (Horizontal Directional Drilling), embankments, levees
- Geohazards – Unexploded Ordnance (UXO), sinkholes, cavities (oil & gas, construction)
- Structural integrity – foundations, pavements.
- You will have up to 2 years of applicable engineering geophysics experience ideally in a geotechnical environment.
- You will be degree qualified in the geosciences and/or geo-engineering disciplines.
- The work will largely be field based including possible interstate and international travel with more than 50% of your time being spent out of the office.
- You will be proficient in working on geophysical data presentation software e.g. Surfers and in using technical scientific analysis.
- You must to have work rights for Australia.
Our talented geoservices, and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital and high profile national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey's reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this role please call June Roberts on (02) 94061230.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now