Job no: 497527
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
- Senior social lead role within a highly regarded environmental and social management and advisory group
- Part of a top tier international consultancy
- Australian-based role (preferably Brisbane or Melbourne) although other locations may be considered
Join our established Environmental and Social Management and Advisory (ESMA) group; mature client base and healthy work pipeline; lead the continued growth of our social impact assessment and advisory services offering; manage sizeable, complex projects in the resource, infrastructure and energy sectors.
About the role
Joining our environmental and social management and advisory practice area, you’ll collaborate closely with your peers across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea to drive our offering and continued growth in social impact assessment and advisory services.
We’re well-respected in the market for our expertise in both environmental and social impact assessment, having gained successful approvals for some of the region’s largest and most environmentally and socially complex projects. This is an important technical leadership role that will be instrumental in continuing to build our social advisory business throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Continuing the growth of social impact assessment and advisory business.
- Providing training and mentoring to develop capacity of junior members of the social practice area
- Work closely with your ESMA peers and other parts of the business such as our international development arm.
- Actively promoting our capability to key target clients in emerging markets, and managing existing client relationships
- Taking a lead role in the delivery of large-scale complex projects
- Advising on, and overseeing the technical quality of social impact assessments, social management plans and mitigation strategies for specific projects (often to IFC standards)
- Ensuring the quality and robustness of detailed analyses of complex social data
- Developing stakeholder consultation strategies that are geographically and culturally specific and appropriate
- Reviewing and managing the technical content in reports, proposals and correspondence
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social science or related disciplines
- Significant experience undertaking and managing social impact assessments
- Experience in coaching and mentoring to build team capacity
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience in building business, securing work and building effective client relationships
- Experience with IFC Performance Standards, World Bank guidelines and resettlement planning will be highly regarded highly regarded.
This role would be the perfect career opportunity for an experienced social impact assessment and advisory professional who is ready to step up into a technical leadership role. Your confidence to drive new business opportunities, your ability to build effective internal and external market relationships and to commit to regular travel throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific region will be key to your success.
- Supportive, collaborative culture committed to your personal and professional development
- Opportunity to work on interesting domestic and international projects
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible work practices
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental and partner leave
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now