Job no: 497544
Work type: Contract
Location: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Categories: International development
- Opportunity to contribute to this significant basic education program
- Short Term Periodic Inputs
- Standing Offer Period 1 March 2019 until August 2020
BEQUAL directly supports the education priorities of the Government of Lao PDR described in the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) 8th Education Sector Development Plan and is consistent with the strategic directions set out in Australia’s Education Delivery Strategy 2013-2018. BEQUAL is designed to be rolled out over ten years, in three phases. The first phase, from 2015–2020 is working in the most educationally disadvantaged districts, to increase participation of disadvantaged children, improve learning environments and teacher quality. BEQUAL’s key activities through to August 2020 will focus on assisting the MoES with the development and implementation of the national new curriculum for grades 1–5. This will include development of an aligned preservice curriculum, teacher development and intensified support in targeted districts with a focus on improving learning outcomes for girls and boys from disadvantaged groups. In addition, BEQUAL will assist MoES with general support for the roll out of the national curriculum for Grades 1 and 2 (up to August 2020) across all provinces.
Required Education Services
In the 2018-2020 implementation plan, BEQUAL will implement the following types of activities:
- Development and writing of primary curriculum content for grades 2 and 3. This includes development of student text books and teacher guides, and associated learning materials.
- Development and writing of pre-service curriculum content for Teacher Training Colleges. This includes development of student readers and lecturer guides, and associated learning materials.
- Development and delivery of in-service training materials, including the use of technology, with a focus on supporting schools to adopt the new primary curriculum.
- Implementation of a professional development program for Teacher Training College lecturers, to support introduction of the new pre-service curriculum.
To be successful you will have relevant tertiary qualifications and considerable demonstrated practical experience in one or more of the required education service areas, preferably in an in-service teacher training context. Experience implementing, monitoring and evaluating training activities to measure impact will be highly regarded.
We are seeking candidates with experience in practical and impactful gender, disability and inclusion approaches as well as an excellent ability to coach and mentor professional colleagues from diverse backgrounds. Previous experience working in Lao PDR or South East Asia is highly desirable.
The rates at which the Program may contract International Advisers for individual activities are subject to DFAT’s Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF). Therefore, the contracted rates for Advisers will be determined on a per assignment basis.
Please visit https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework.pdf for further detail.
National Advisers will be contracted in local currency.
Please download and sign the SOES document agreeing to the terms and conditions and include it with your application. Please upload as a separate document.
FINAL BEQUAL EOI SOES Document 14DEC2018.pdf
For further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com quoting job number 497544.
* This advertising is to be read in conjunction with the SOES policy document.
Applications close: 5pm (Lao, PDR time) 8 February 2019.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now