Job no: 497555
Work type: Contract
Categories: International development
Logistics and Admin. Officer – Lilongwe, Malawi
Malawi Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response Programme
- We are recruiting for a logistics and administration officer to support the smooth running of our Lilongwe office and support effecient running of programme logistics and activities.
- Until November 2021, with possibility of a three-year extension
- Lilongwe, Malawi
The Malawi Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response Programme is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and delivered by Coffey in a consortium with Social Development Direct and Plan International. The programme runs from November 2018 to November 2024, split into an initial three month inception period (November 2018 to February 2019), and then a two phase implementation period.
The Programme’s objective is to reduce the prevalence of violence against women and girls and improve the justice system for women and girls living with violence in Malawi.
Across all outputs, the programme will ensure adherence to the principles of gender transformation, engaging men and boys, ensuring no-one is left behind and sustainability. Programme implementation is guided by the principles and approach of problem-driven iterative adaptation (PDIA). The programme will ensure interventions are guided by the operating environment, and that the programme adapts as the context changes or learning produces evidence to guide a more effective response.
The programme will work at the national level in Malawi, and the district level in, initially, three locations.
The Logistics and Administration Officer will report to the Finance Manager. They will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the office, and supporting logistics for the busy programme.
- Oversees and books in-country logistical arrangements with the programme’s preferred suppliers. Communicates in-country logistical information to programme team members and consultants, with Programme Manager in copy.
- Supports the management of service provider contracts.
- Develops preferred vendor and supplier lists for the programme covering the programme’s three districts and seeks new vendors where appropriate, ensuring best value for money for the programme.
- Supports procurement as required by Finance Manager.
- Provides reception duties as required in the Lilongwe project office.
- Experience working in a busy office environment, and good at using IT.
- Experience organising logistics including travel and accommodation for international and national staff.
- Experience organising logistics for workshops and conferences.
- Good communication skills, including fluent Chichewa and English.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting a CV online demonstrating experience against the person requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applications close: 18th December 2018.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now