Job no: 497639
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
Seek Ad Tagline:
- Drive your specialist career in a top tier consulting firm
- Work with 1st class local, national and international experts in landfill engineering
- Can be based in our Abbotsford or Geelong office - Victoria
About the opportunity
Our landfill engineering experts play a critical role within our large Site Assessment and Remediation practice in Victoria.
Joining this team will provide you the opportunity to further develop your niche expertise in landfill engineering and design and to manage your own projects end-to-end. You’ll be supported by our technical experts across Australia and New Zealand as well as those in the UK and North America.
Working for multiple private and government clients on projects in the transport infrastructure, resources and energy, waste and broader civil engineering sectors, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing design and engineering services and advice on various landfill and/or contaminated land projects
- Undertaking landfill related geosynthetics and remediation system design works
- Providing technical support to landfill auditing activities including conduct of detailed design reviews and construction auditing works
- Writing and preparing a range of technical reports
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals
- Coaching and mentoring junior civil, landfill and environmental engineers
You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate and work with our civil, environmental and geotechnical teams across Australia and New Zealand to support various large site assessment and/or remediation projects in the region.
With relevant civil engineering qualifications, you’ll have demonstrated experience in landfill, geosynthetics and remediation system design and a sound working knowledge of the EPA Landfill BPEM and Landfill Licensing guidelines.
You’ll also have experience in:
- Victorian EPA Document ‘Best Practise Environmental Management Siting, design, operation and rehabilitation of landfills’ (BPEM)
- EPA Landfill Licensing Guidelines, Publication 1323.3
- Working with EPA appointed Environmental Auditors
- Surface Water Design including catchment flow modelling, design of channels, culverts, sediments ponds and detention ponds
- Writing specifications for earthworks construction
- Experience in 3D modelling software such as 12d and/or Civil 3d
- Exposure or expertise in geotechnical engineering will also be well regarded
Your well-developed project management skills will be complimented by your great client relationship and communication skills.
Critically, you’ll have a genuine passion for growing your career as a specialist in the niche field of landfill engineering and design. In return, we’ll invest in your development to ensure we’re growing the next generation of technical leaders in this space.
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible work culture and practices
- Novated leasing options
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Laptop and iPhone provided
Coffey believes in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now