Job no: 497672
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
- Join our highly experienced team and be part of delivering contamination management solutions to our clients
- A dynamic, client facing role working on a variety of challenging projects across a range of industries
- Modern and vibrant office in the Perth CBD
We are a Top tier consultancy; challenging projects; highly regarded for our expertise; strong pipeline of work; fun & flexible work practices
About the role
Joining our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group means you’ll become part of an expert team of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, landfill design, waste management and contaminated site auditing consultants who work on a variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
In WA you’ll form an integral part of a well-established and highly experienced team of contaminated land management professionals who will support you to develop your skills and experience in contamination investigation, risk assessment, remediation and site management advice to our clients. We have projects in the resource, property, utilities, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Leading field investigations including soil sampling, groundwater sampling and soil vapour assessment
- Collating, interpreting and presenting laboratory analytical data in technical reports
- Preparing contaminated site investigation reports (PSI, SAQP, DSI, RAP, SRV and SMP) for our clients in accordance with established guidelines and standards
- Supervising sub-contractors undertaking high risk activities such as drilling and excavation programs
- Directing and guiding site remediation activities in accordance with an established and approved RAP
- Interaction with contaminated site auditors and regulatory authorities
- Developing comprehensive, competitive and persuasive proposals
- Project management activities including resourcing, scheduling and budget control
- Contributing to the professional and technical development of more junior staff
- Participating in client meetings and contributing to technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client’s needs
You will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation activities, including soil, groundwater and soil vapour sampling, ecological and human health risk assessment and data gap analysis – preferably within a consulting environment
- Strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and working knowledge of guidelines and standards related to the investigation and management of contaminated land (NEPM 2013, DWER 2014, DoH 2009, HEPA 2018) and an understanding of State and Federal environmental policy is necessary
- A confident ability to build effective relationships with clients and key stakeholders through project delivery
A high level of motivation to take ownership of quality and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land projects.
You will also need an Australian driver’s license and Australian permanent work rights are essential.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Interested candidates please click the Apply button, complete the form and attach your CV.
For more information please visit our website www.coffey.com or you can call June Roberts on (02) 9406 1230 for a confidential discussion
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now