Programme Manager – London, United Kingdom
NORTH AFRICA TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FACILITY
- Start Date: Immediately
- 1-year fixed term contract with possible extension
- Contract type: Employment contract – full-time
Coffey is implementing the North Africa Technical Assistance Facility (‘The TAF’), for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). The TAF is a dynamic, demand-driven framework designed for North Africa, delivered in partnership with the UK government, host government counterparts and Coffey. The TAF is designed to deliver technical assistance to Governments, non-governmental organisations (NGO) and multilateral partners in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Algeria as well as regional projects. The TAF is an exciting and innovative programme that aims to build and strengthen relationships between the UK and North Africa; support positive government reforms and share lessons across the region. We have provided research and analysis to Embassies, scoped out new areas of cooperation with host governments, and delivered projects in governance, economic and justice sectors. Since the summer of 2017, the TAF has delivered more than 40 projects.
The team has project managers based in our London office, local national Country Leads in each country, and draws on monitoring and evaluation, gender and conflict advice from other teams. The Programme Director is based in Tunis.
The Programme Manager will work closely with the TAF Programme Director to provide strategic management and direction of the TAF. They will lead on engagement with the combined FCO-DFID North Africa Joint Unit. The person will be expected to manage and nurture relationships with FCO and DFID officials. The person will work with the Programme Director to identify and share strategic lessons, lead on Value for Money and the TAF communications strategy. The person will build and own a compelling narrative that explains how a regional technical assistance facility can add value.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
Stakeholder engagement/ Communication:
- Acts as the London-based point of contact for the Foreign Office and DFID
- Lead on engagement with the UK-based partners with whom we work
- Identify strategic lessons from delivering technical assistance across North Africa
- Represent the TAF at development and North Africa-focussed events
- Regularly update NAJU on programme delivery progress
- Lead the TAF Communication Strategy
- Oversees overall programme delivery
- Strategic leadership of TAF communications, Value for Money, delivery of results, gender and inclusion
- Deputise for the Programme Director
- Oversee policies and processes to ensure a consistent approach to programme management across the five countries
- Advise and coach project managers on project delivery
- Lead quarterly client meetings with NAJU
- Lead resource planning on the TAF
- Lead programme level financial management, ensuring forecasting is accurate, invoices are submitted, and annual planning is done
- Lead on providing and articulating Value for Money achieved by delivering work through the TAF
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in development studies, international relations or equivalent
Significant programme management experience that includes:
- Working with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and DFID Client engagement, team management, financial management, risk management
- Client engagement, team management, financial management, risk management
- Proposal writing experience (including high quality drafting and budgeting)
- Understanding of the overseas development sector (essential to have UK Aid sector experience) especially in governance and economic growth sectors
- A good standard of French and or Arabic is useful but not essential
- Willingness to travel to North Africa
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, clearly outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role.
Applications close: 27 March 2019
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.