Job no: 497721
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
Categories: Project management consulting
- Critical leadership role – 2IC to our PM Leader Victoria
- Support growth plans; manage complex client projects; mentor & develop the team
- Abbotsford, Melbourne
Coffey Project Management is a well-established project management consultancy where over 80% of projects are derived from repeat clients.
About the opportunity
We have an ambitious vision of the future and to help us achieve our goal we now seek an experienced Project Director. This is a dual role; securing new business from existing and new clients, managing and directing project teams from project inception to handover and supporting the business as 2IC to the Project Management Leader Vic/Tas.
You will be responsible for:
- Securing projects through repeat clients or fostering relationships with new clients
- Balancing billable work commitments with business development
- Participating in meetings with clients (and prospective clients)
- Participating in client tender presentations
- Writing proposals
- Attending and managing project progress meetings
- Fostering innovative thinking; developing team member skills
- Leading, managing and mentoring project team members
- Creating a positive culture of business development within your team
- Managing and directing work with the client in mind at all times
People enjoy working in our team because they rarely go a day without learning something new. We have a great mix of projects in a variety of sectors including Sport, Recreation, Health, Education and Defence to name a few.
- Demonstrated experience in driving a strong safety culture
- Previous consulting experience as Client-Side Project Director, or, Senior Project Manager who is ready to step up to a full leadership role
- More than 10 years + experience managing infrastructure projects with a project value of greater than $20M from inception to handover
- Demonstrated excellent Melbourne network among infrastructure building sector influencers and decision makers
- Exceptional written, verbal and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated reputation for delivering quality outcomes, meeting client deadlines, ensuring sound contract and financial management and ability to problem solve
- You are tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline and possess post graduate qualifications in project management disciplines
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Interested candidates please click the Apply button, complete the form and attach your CV. For more information please visit our website www.coffey.com or you can call Catherine Madden on (02) 9406 1049 for a confidential discussion.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now