Job no: 497772
Work type: Contract
Categories: International development
- Coffey is looking for various experts for the anticipated 6-year DFID-funded Sustainable Energy and Economic Development (SEED) programme in Pakistan
- Short to medium-term assignments
- Peshawar, Pakistan
The DFID-funded SEED (Sustainable Energy & Economic Development) programme is a £37.5 million programme over seven years in KP. It includes four components:
- Component 1: Technical Assistance for Economic and Urban Development in KP. It will support KP's provincial level planning framework to harness these economic development opportunities.
- Component 2: Technical Assistance and Financial Assistance for Industrial adoption of Renewable energy/energy efficiency. This component will provide technical assistance and finance to promote the uptake of more clean energy and energy efficient energy solutions.
- Component 3: Flexible technical assistance for economic and urban development by UK institutions
- Component 4: Monitoring and Evaluation
We are seeking various experts to be involved in the implementation of the SEED programme with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Urban/Spatial Economic Planning
- Institutional Strengthening
- Investment facilitation (PPPs)
- Public Financial Management
- Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency
- Climate change
- Gender & Social Inclusion
- Finance & administration
- Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation
- Political Economy Analysis
- An advanced university degree (or equivalent) in the fields of urban/spatial/infrastructure planning, economics, public policy, sustainable energy, or other relevant degree.
- At least 8-15 years of experience in the fields of urban, infrastructure, energy, climate change and/or private sector development.
- Experience of supporting sectoral reform in South East Asia (ideally Pakistan).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on donor funded programmes.
- Experience in working in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and/or in other regions of Pakistan.
- Working knowledge of DFID's approaches to market development.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering DFID programmes, including ensuring value for money throughout the project lifecycle.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
Applications close: 20 May 2019
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Advertised: West Asia Standard Time
Applications close: West Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now