Job no: 497776
Work type: Contract, Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
Categories: Project management consulting
Client-side Project Manager – Melbourne, Vic
- Top tier PM consultancy with strong forward pipeline
- Leader in Public Sector capital works projects
- Abbotsford Melbourne, Vic.
Coffey’s Project Management business enjoys ongoing success across Victoria with a strong reputation within a number of public sectors which include Defence, Education, Health, Housing, Sports, Recreation and Independent Schools. The pipeline for future projects is strong and we would like to strengthen our existing PM team by appointing a high-quality client focused team member.
What’s appealing about this opportunity
- Coffey Project Managers enjoy a great culture; brand strength and market credibility.
- Nature of the work is interesting and challenging.
- Team members readily defer to one another, provide opportunities to learn new skills and work with diverse group of people.
- We are part of the Tetra Tech family which includes NDY and Ecological Australia.
- We are well positioned with core strength in growth areas of Education, Health, Defence, Housing to name a few.
The Project Manager will report and work in partnership with Coffey’s Project Director in providing contracted services to our State Government client. You must possess the knowledge, skills and experience of a project manager with qualification in either Civil Engineering, Construction Management and/or possess Project Management accreditation. Candidates must have strong stakeholder, reporting and communication skills. You will need to be technically proficient and demonstrate a client-side PM attitude and skillset to be able to support our clients goals at all times.
- Be aware at all times of the health and safety obligations of all parties
- Be technically competent to ensure appropriate integration of service and operational requirements into the built environment through working closely with the Project Director and Client.
- Manage the day to day carriage of the project to ensure the strategic needs and objectives are met
- Actively monitor the inputs, activities and resources to be provided by Project Team and Stakeholders and identify gaps, make recommendation and initiate corrective actions in a timely manner
- Actively monitor the deliverables to be provided by Project Consultants, Contractors and identify any gaps and recommend and initiate corrective actions in a timely manner
- Manage time, cost, quality, scope, risks and opportunities
- Act as the Principal’s Authorised Person as and when required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Formal training in Project Management disciplines (e.g. AIPM, PMI, etc.) is preferable
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering; Building Services; Architecture; Construction Management or similar
- You have project management experience working client-side or possess a demonstrable attitude of a client support culture
- Demonstrated capability, skills and experience to undertake management of projects with value of $20M +
- Strong commercial acumen.
Please click the Apply button, attaching your resume. For further information please visit www.coffey.com or call Catherine Madden at Coffey on (02) 9406 1049 for a confidential discussion. Only direct candidate applications please.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now