Job no: 497807
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing
Learning and Development Manager – Chatswood, NSW
- Newly created design and delivery role – ANZ
- Dynamic consulting environment
- Chatswood, NSW
Blend of design, development and delivery; supporting our business to develop our most important asset - our people.
About the role
Reporting to the HR Director, this newly created role will see you directly impacting and supporting the business by partnering with the management team and technical leadership to deliver learning and development initiatives across Australia and New Zealand.
This hands-on role will see you moving regularly between developing programs and helping to deliver them for multiple business lines and practice areas.
You’ll help us to develop great consultants and future leaders and you’ll work with our technical communities to ensure ongoing technical capability development is meeting the needs of our people and of our clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the evaluation and project manage the development and implementation of consulting and leadership learning and development programs
- Support our managers to identify and plan for learning and development needs within their business - provide guidance and support for local initiatives
- Support each practice area to build its approach to technical competency, knowledge sharing and skill building
- Facilitate the delivery of training solutions; train the trainer programs and workshops where appropriate
- Coordinate and facilitate our focus on identifying and developing our high potential employees
- Develop annual plans for learning and development; design and implement key metrics and performance objectives; monitor and report on the effectiveness of learning activities
- Develop productive internal stakeholder relationships and effective industry and alliance relationships
Defining and promoting the Learning and Development offering; designing and delivering fit for purpose programs and initiatives; influencing the uptake and measuring the results, are the compelling challenges within this role.
Qualified in Human Resources, Learning and Development or Organisational Psychology, you’ll have a track record of success in new program development and implementation within a professional services consulting environment.
Outcome and delivery focussed, you’ll be skilled in engaging with internal stakeholders at all levels to promote the offering and drive program uptake to contribute to business growth and success. Judgement, initiative and collaboration will be among your stand-out attributes as will your commercial and organisational maturity.
You’ll be excited by a start-up role that has you moving between design, delivery and advisory – and you’ll be comfortable in an agile and fast paced business that requires pragmatic and practical solutions over theoretical ones.
Exposure to science and engineering technical workforces will be advantageous.
Travel will be required across Australia and New Zealand from time to time.
Our talented specialists are recognised as experts in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, construction testing and project management services. We deliver technical solutions to manage complex risks for our clients across the transport and property infrastructure, defence and energy and resources sectors.
We're proud of our reputation for deep expertise – for digging deeper, thinking smarter and seeing further. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multi billion-dollar company with Coffey. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now