Job no: 497811
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
For over 50 years Coffey has been a leader in consulting services. Founded in 1959 the company has evolved into a diversified, global consultancy which has helped companies minimise risks arising from the environment and regulatory landscape.
About the role:
Reporting to the Environments Practice Leader, the main objective will be to use your technical skills, business acumen and project management skills to deliver projects for our market leading property and infrastructure clients.
The role works across site assessment and remediation and assists in the preparation of specifications, proposals, reports and other documentation.
You'll thrive in a team with renowned technical experts and work on diverse projects while building and fostering client relationships. We have recognised audit experts in our team; this role is your opportunity to work with them and expand your skills.
You'll be hands on, interpret data, report on environmental site investigations as well as liaise with clients, sub-consultants, and stakeholders in an advisory capacity, with support from senior staff. You’ll be familiar with contaminated land and planning statutes, policies and guidelines in NSW. You'll assume the role of site supervisor for assessment, remediation and validation activities.
Ideally, you'll have:
- Qualifications from a recognised tertiary institution in earth science, geology or environmental science or engineering, and working towards relevant professional industry certification.
- Broad experience in contaminated land assessment and remediation projects over a 5+ year period, with experience in assessment, remediation and contaminant hydrogeology, preferably in NSW. Experience in investigating sites impacted with Perfluorinated Compounds (PFC) is an advantage.
- Experience working with clients with a strong understanding of the contaminated land market
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with professional writing skills to produce highly technical reports and winning proposals
- Previous success in building effective relationships with key stakeholders through project delivery and business development
- A keen interest in problem solving, and enthusiasm for innovative and practical solutions will ensure your success in this role.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
For more information please visit our website www.coffey.com or you can call June Roberts on (02) 9406 1230 for a confidential discussion.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now