Job no: 497832
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - QLD
With over 40 years’ experience in delivering large-scale environmental and social impact assessments across the Asia Pacific region, we’re known in the market place for taking on complex and technically challenging projects.
Now that we’re part of the Tetra Tech family, the experience, projects and international expert advice available to our people is better than ever before.
About the role
Working across the resources, energy and defence sectors, our public and private clients engage us as trusted advisors to manage their ESIA risks and to deliver high quality solutions on their critical projects across Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific.
As the Team Leader of the Brisbane environmental and social management and advisory team (ESMA) team, you’ll manage a small local team of environmental and social consultants delivering work locally and throughout the Asia Pacific region. You’ll also work closely with your peers across multiple offices within the region and will be supported technically by first class Principal and Senior Principal colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing, developing and leading the ESMA team in Brisbane
- Being the first point of contact for our clients; managing key account relationships and collaborating with our sister company, Ecological Australia, on joint business and delivery opportunities
- Taking a lead role in the delivery of large-scale complex ESIA projects
- Advising on, and overseeing the technical quality of, environmental and social impact assessments
- Reviewing and managing the technical content in reports, proposals and correspondence
- Engaging with a wide range of government and community stakeholders
- Growing client relationships; building your profile at industry seminars and events and actively promoting our capability to key target clients
As an experienced environmental and social impact assessment project manager looking for a fresh challenge or if you’re someone who is ready to step up into a leadership role, you’ll need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, engineering or related discipline
- Significant experience undertaking and managing environmental and social impact assessments
- Experience in managing and developing a team of consulting specialists
- Excellent project management; communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability in growing client relationships to secure repeat, expansion and new work for high-profile clients in the Queensland market
An ability to travel throughout the Asia Pacific region from time to time will be required.
Experience within the defence sector will be highly regarded.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
Interested candidates, please click the Apply button and submit your full resume.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now