Job no: 497833
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
- Join our established and renowned asbestos and hazmat consulting business
- Experience in working within an asbestos laboratory is required
- Chatswood, New South Wales
About the role
Due to the expansion of our asbestos laboratory, we are now seeking experienced analysts to join our team in Sydney on a full-time basis.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Analysis of asbestos in bulk materials, soils and air samples in accordance with documented in-house procedures and Australian standards
- Quantification of asbestos in soils
- Completion of Proficiency Testing samples and internal QA/QC programmes
- Liaising with clients regarding sample results, advice and general queries
- Producing reports and certificates detailing the sample analysis findings and reporting this to clients
- Ensuring compliance with company Quality and Health & Safety procedures
- Office administration duties.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding team where training, development and progression is available for self-motivated and driven individuals. We have a strong team culture and seek to invest heavily in staff, training, methodologies and company accreditation to ensure we deliver the very highest quality service to our clients.
What makes us different is that we are recognised globally for our consulting expertise and our ability to provide smart solutions to our clients. That means you'll be working on a broad range of client projects and learning from our industry professionals.
To be successful in this role you'll need to:
- Have experience of working within an asbestos laboratory. This is essential.
- Have knowledge of ISO 17025 and AS4964
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in asbestos analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours if needed, where you strive to be a great team player.
Coffey Services Australia (Coffey) is an international engineering and environmental consultancy that prides itself on technical expertise and service delivery.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity.
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now