Job no: 497862
Work type: Permanent
Location: New Zealand
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing
- Permanent new role in our ANZ payroll team
- Chris21 + Oracle
- Auckland, NZ
About the role
Reporting to the Australian based Payroll Manager and working with Australian and international payroll stakeholders, this newly created role will see you directly supporting our NZ business from a local perspective and working closely with our team in Sydney to support the broader business across the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
We have multiple projects; 17 payrolls per month all over the world & several more of our businesses are transitioning in. Our NZ payroll has doubled in size which means we are looking for a subject matter expert on all things New Zealand, however duties may not be limited to the NZ space.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being the subject matter expert on NZ payroll legislation & compliance
- Managing end to end payroll processing for 2 NZ Payrolls (Bimonthly & Fortnightly).
- Multi country payrolls – AU, NZ, PNG + our international business (training will be provided and the opportunity to manage other region payrolls)
- Remitting all statutory payments from NZ, including but not limited to southern cross, IRD
- Managing NZ staff payments on leave through work or non-work injuries
- Responding to all New Zealand queries within set SLA’s
- Working with the broader payroll team to keep abreast of NZ legislation changes as well as helping to keep the team trained on NZ payroll
- Reviewing current processes, assist in improving and modernising our payroll environment
- Producing end of fortnight, bimonthly and monthly reporting.
To be successful in the role, you will be a highly skilled Payroll officer who enjoys a busy variety role in a fast-paced environment.
Your exceptional customer service focus and ability to work independently while also collaborating with and supporting a remote team of payroll colleagues is a must.
Experience with Chris21 and Oracle is critical for this role and exposure into payroll across different regions such as Australia, PNG and the UK will be advantageous.
If you are looking to increase your skillset and want the opportunity to really explore the payroll world this is the right role for you.
Our talented specialists are recognised as experts in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, construction testing and project management services. We deliver technical solutions to manage complex risks for our clients across the transport and property infrastructure, defence and energy and resources sectors.
We're proud of our reputation for deep expertise – for digging deeper, thinking smarter and seeing further. Since joining Tetra Tech, we've combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey. It's a strong combination that's supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop provided.
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now