Job no: 497867
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
- Critical leadership role
- Manage complex client projects; mentor & develop the team
- Chatswood, Sydney
Coffey is a well-established engineering consultancy where over 80% of projects are derived from repeat clients. For over 50 years Coffey has been a leader in consulting services. Founded in 1959 the company has evolved into a diversified, global consultancy which has helped companies minimise risks and maximise project outcomes.
About the opportunity
We have an ambitious vision of the future and to help us achieve our goal we now seek a Project Director.
Specific to the project:
- Maintain scope control and manage variation process
- Deliver against operating income targets whilst managing risk
- Develop and contribute to the Design Management Plan with internal and external designers
- Continuously seek options to optimise commercial position
- Engage and monitor commercial position with Coffey’s commercial team and client stakeholders on a regular basis
- Monitor and communicate project commercial position to relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and manage commercial risks - Contribute to methodology and estimation of costs for complex projects as required
People enjoy working in our team because they rarely go a day without learning something new. We have a great mix of projects in a variety of sectors including Sport, Recreation, Health, Education and Defence to name a few.
To be successful in this project you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in driving a strong safety culture.
- Previous consulting experience as Project Director or, Senior Project Manager who is ready to step up to a full leadership role.
- Significant experience managing infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated reputation for delivering quality outcomes, meeting client deadlines, ensuring sound contract and financial management and ability to problem solve.
- You are tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for people like you.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are a critical element of our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. Having the flexibility to balance career and personal priorities is something our employees tell us makes a real difference to them.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work practices
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Ability to purchase additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Interested candidates please click the Apply button, complete the form and attach your CV.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now