Job no: 497954
Work type: Permanent
Location: New Zealand
Categories: Project management consulting
Client-Side Senior Project Manager – Wellington, NZ
- Critical project management leadership role
- Top tier consultancy
- Wellington, NZ
Drive, direct and deliver our most critical and high-profile projects across central Government sectors to deliver first class results for our clients.
About the role
An immediate opportunity exists for a seasoned project manager to play an integral part in the delivery of our growth plan in New Zealand.
Working across multiple projects in this client facing role, your personal brand and reputation will be built on your consultancy expertise and your proven ability to deliver complex construction projects on time, in budget and critically, to the highest levels of client satisfaction.
Essentially you will:
- Lead and deliver on a portfolio of projects to meet client needs and objectives
- Manage projects from inception to client handover including accountability for project scope, deadlines, cost, quality, risk management, communications, human resource management, procurement and integration
- Guide and mentor junior PM’s and build team capability
- Build critical client relationships and assist the management team to assess, pursue and secure new business opportunities
- Hold ultimate leadership of stakeholder relations - client, statutory authorities, consultants, contractors and end-users
We need you to bring:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in project or construction management, engineering, architecture, quantity surveying
- Significant experience in project management consultancy with highly refined project management, planning and organisational skills across a broad range of sectors
- Recognised success in building and managing client relationships
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in reviewing work and providing technical guidance and advice to project managers
- Well-developed commercial acumen – high level negotiation and contract management skills
- A genuine desire to be looking for a long-term position in a dynamic and collaborative business with a strong team culture
Seeing the big picture whilst maintaining a grounded and pragmatic approach to project leadership will be one of your key assets.
Culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided
- On site car parking
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now