Job no: 497971
Work type: Casual
Location: Australia - WA
- Great opportunity, to start working as a casual employee and join a well-established and close-knit team within the Structural Group at Tetra Tech Proteus, which is part of Coffey, a Tetra Tech Company.
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic person who is already interested in a career as a Structural Designer and the role would suit a student studying the Diploma of Civil/Structural Engineering at TAFE.
- Location: Perth CBD, Western Australia.
About the role
Reporting to the Lead Structural Designer, as a Structural Drafter, you’ll learn to develop skills in Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD), specifically 3D Models for Steelwork and Concrete Structures and the production of 2D Drawings for Plans, Elevations and Details, relating to the vast range of projects we deliver.
Developing your expertise, you’ll be shown how to read our client’s design criteria, specifications and scopes of work, and develop abilities to know what is needed to meet their requirements and schedules. There will also be opportunities to get involved with Document Control procedures and the keeping of records, so that you can learn the complete workflow required in an Engineering Office.
Critical to your success is:
- Enthusiasm and a strong willingness to learn.
- Computer Skills and a keen interest in CAD software – Tetra Tech Proteus uses Bentley Microstation drafting software as well as Microsoft Office products.
- Exposure to Civil/Structural techniques and engineering from study at TAFE.
- Work experience and an understanding of great work ethics.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Tetra Tech Proteus is a leading provider of engineering services to the resources and energy sectors. Our talented engineers and designers cover all disciplines and deliver projects across Australia, and around the World. In over three decades of operation we’ve delivered studies, detailed design, EPCM and EPC projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from identification to operations.
After the Tetra Tech’s acquisition of Proteus and Coffey, we’ve combined the resources to provide a broad range of engineering service offerings in Australia and New Zealand. It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Tetra Tech Proteus is also involved in the latest BIM technology for generating intelligent 3D Models, as well as utilising VR resources to showcase our designs to our clients.
Tetra Tech Proteus believes in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now