Job no: 497975
Work type: Contract
Location: Papua New Guinea
Chief of Party - PNG Electrification Partnership (PEP)
- Anticipated USAID energy program in Papua New Guinea (PNG)
- Senior-level, Field assignment
- Five-year fixed term appointment
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID energy program in Papua New Guinea (PNG). This energy program will contribute to achieving the goal of electrifying 70% of PNG’s population by 2030. The PNG Electrification Partnership (PEP) will do this through strengthening of the regulator, improving financial and operational performance of the utility, introducing new off-grid electrification models and increasing private investment in the energy sector. The COP will serve as the overall project manager and team leader for the project. The COP will also act as the key liaison between the counterparts in the PNG government. This is a five-year fixed term appointment.
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID to lead the PEP project, implementing USAID and PNG’s strategic vision.
- Lead the project team and ensure high-quality performance to achieve all key project objectives.
- Manage the technical direction of the project as outlined in the four project objectives.
- Ensure that USAID is fully knowledgeable and engaged with the key stakeholders on all aspects of its energy, economic research, and reform agenda.
- Ensure the successful management, initiation, and completion of complex energy studies of significant importance to the Government of PNG.
- Provide technical advice on energy reform, economic analyses, policy recommendations, and private sector investment.
- Manage the preparation and quality control of the project deliverables including progress reports (monthly, quarterly, annually), work-plans and other deliverables as required.
- Liaise with PNG Government officials, civil society organization, and other donor organizations supporting energy sector reform.
- Collaborate closely with the home office staff on contracts, finance, and operations related issues.
- Coordinate collaborate between the home office and the field-based team on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
- Act as a liaison to the headquarters office in Arlington, VA for day-to-day problem solving.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) required:
- 10+ years’ experience working on policy and investment issues related to the electric power sector.
- 10+ years’ experience managing $50-$100 million energy sector capacity building and infrastructure projects.
- Master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field.
- Successful experience in managing or developing public-private partnerships.
- Familiarity with the political and economic dynamics of the Asia-Pacific region, particularly the Pacific islands.
Valued but not required KSAs:
- Experience managing programs of similar size and complexity in Pacific Islands or Southeast Asia.
- Experience leading a donor-funded projects.
- Experience working in PNG.
- Experience working for or with USAID, including knowledge of USAID contractual and regulatory requirements.
01. Chief of Party - JD (002).docx
Applications close 5pm (PNG time) on 7th September 2019.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now