Job no: 497976
Work type: Contract
Location: Papua New Guinea
Deputy Chief of Party - PNG Electrification Partnership (PEP)
- Anticipated USAID energy program in Papua New Guinea (PNG)
- Senior-level, Field assignment
- Five-year fixed term appointment
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID energy program in Papua New Guinea (PNG). This energy program will contribute to significantly achieving the goal of electrifying 70% of PNG’s population by 2030. The PNG Electrification Partnership (PEP) will do this through strengthening of the regulatory, improving financial and operational performance of the utility, introducing new off-grid electrification models, and increasing private investment in the energy sector. The DCOP will support the COP in implementing the program and be responsible for providing day-to-day project leadership in the management operational staff and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and grants under contract. This role is a five-year fixed term appointment.
- Work closely with the COP in management and decision-making to ensure project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations;
- Supervise the project’s administrative and/or technical staff, provide oversight to the overall project management and human resources functions;
- Ensure adherence to Tetra Tech and USAID administration policies and procedures;
- Oversee subcontract and/or grant to local partners; train and provide guidance to subcontract/grantee finance managers on managing project expense to annual work plan and contract budgets, as needed; ensure all contractual documentation is complete and compliant with the terms of the reference in the contract;
- Provide leadership and support during project start-up and close-out regarding setting up the project office, operations and logistics, recruitment, on-boarding and staff administration, etc.; and
- Serve as the project liaison with human resources on employee relations matters and documentation for adverse events
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) required:
- 10+ years’ experience managing international projects;
- 5+ years’ experience on policy and investment issues related to energy;
- Master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field;
- Prior experience managing administration / operations for large-scale USAID programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, or knowledge, skills and experience in one or more of the technical areas required under the program – utility performance, power sector regulations, off-grid electrification models, and private investment in the energy sector; and
- Successful experience in managing or developing public-private partnerships.
Valued but not required KSAs:
- Experience working on projects in Pacific Islands or Asia with a similar size and scope
- Experience leading a donor-funded project
- Experience working in Papua New Guinea.
02. Deputy Chief of Party - JD.docx
Applications close 5pm (PNG time) on 7th September 2019.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now