Job no: 497980
Work type: Contract
Location: Papua New Guinea
Utility Reform Advisor - PNG Electrification Partnership (PEP)
- Anticipated USAID energy program in Papua New Guinea (PNG)
- Senior-level, Field assignment
- Five-year fixed term appointment
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech is searching for a Utility Reform Advisor for an anticipated USAID energy project based out of Papua New Guinea (PNG). This energy project will contribute to significantly achieving the goal of connecting 70% of PNG’s population to electricity by 2030. The PNG Electrification Partnership (PEP) will do this through strengthening of key energy sector institutions, off-grid electrification, and increasing private investment. The Utility Reform Advisor will provide technical assistance to reform/restructure utility companies and improve their operational performance to make them self-sufficient and sustainable. This role is a fixed term for the duration of the five-year project.
- Lead activities in planning, design, development, and implementation of utility related projects, focused on power generation, transmission, or distribution.
- Carry out and lead the development of resource assessments, utility management and operation due-diligence, utility performance assessment, feasibility studies, technology evaluations, market assessments, policy evaluations, and economic analyses in electricity sector
- Document and report on project activities, prepare position papers and technical review documents to assist in sharing project successes and lessons learned
- Interact directly with client, sponsors, and stakeholders
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Master’s degree in Power Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the electricity sector, especially in utility management positions, operation, and maintenance;
- Experience in the implementation of power generation, transmission, or distribution technologies
- Experience in implementing improvements in utility operations, including electricity loss reduction strategies, outages reduction, network quality improvements, etc.;
06. Utility Reform Advisor - JD.docx
Applications close 5pm (PNG time) on 7th September 2019.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Advertised: West Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: West Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now