Job no: 497992
Work type: Contract
Location: United Kingdom
- Coffey is seeking to strengthen our pool of public health experts to work with on designing and delivering new public health evaluations and research studies to meet the objectives of our EU clients.
- Various projects and programmes
- 28 EU countries
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering projects in international development and a wide range of other policy areas on behalf of donors right around the world. Coffey provides support to the EU institutions, delivering a wide range of evaluation, impact assessment and monitoring services. Many of these contracts are led by our EU team in Warsaw.
Coffey has extensive experience in delivering EU evaluation projects and research studies on behalf of multiple European Commission Directorate-Generals and EU institutions, including in the field of public health. We are regularly bidding for assignments and are looking to build a pool of senior independent consultants with expertise in EU public health policy to deliver evaluations and research studies.
The positions will vary. These are likely to include:
- Short term positions to support on business opportunities. Tasks may include scoping evaluation and research design for public health opportunities, and support on drafting proposals;
- Positions on existing evaluations, such as general technical and monitoring & evaluation advisors;
- Short-term positions on specific pieces of work related to EU public health policy;
- Long-term positions such as technical leads, output leads and embedded advisors to deliver evaluations, impact assessments, monitoring, implementation assessment and other related services in relation to public health.
Applicants need to be familiar in working with the EU institutions and agencies, preferably in the field of public health. The exact specifications will vary depending on what positions become available. Useful skills are likely to include:
- A Master’s degree in public health, economics, statistics, social sciences or another relevant field
- Extensive expertise in public health policy in the EU setting;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation experience of public health policy and programmes in the EU setting;
- Strong track record of engagement with European Commission DGs and agencies (e.g. Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency and the European Food and Safety Authority);
- Strong background in various areas of public health including but not limited to: EU health policy, cross-border healthcare, eHealth: digital health and care, health technology assessment, health workforce, health systems performance assessment, tobacco, nutrition and physical activity, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, diseases and health threats etc.
- Excellent skills in data analysis and report writing in English (level C1 or higher).
Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Applications close: 01 February 2020
Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now