Job no: 498014
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Categories: Corporate services - Finance, HSSE, HR, IT, Marketing
- Great opportunity to be a valued member of the team and company
- Key member of ANZ Finance team
- Chatswood, Sydney, New South Wales
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Finance Manager this role is a critical member of our Finance and Accounting Team for Australia and New Zealand. This role will suit an accounting graduate or somebody who has just started or plans to do CA/CPA. Your role requires you to:
- Assist with reconciliation of balance sheets and monthly accounts;
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Provide support for the month end processing of General Ledger accounts (including processing month end journals), and generally otherwise as required;
- Assist in preparation of payroll tax, FBT, IAS, BAS and ITRs;
- Work closely with the Payroll, Shared Services and Operations team across the business; and
- Participate in internal and external audits.
This is an exciting environment to work in, with many opportunities and challenges to learn from and develop in a professional capacity. To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting, having started/planning to start CA/CPA;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High level of initiative, with attention to detail and problem-solving acumen;
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, macros etc.);
- The ability to work autonomously and perform ad-hoc requests from senior management in a timely manner;
- Experience working in a similar accounting role while not mandatory, would be beneficial.
As this role develops, you will have the opportunity to progress within the business and be involved in more complex finance and business issues. Therefore, the successful Assistant Financial Accountant will be career focussed and eager to learn.
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position.
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Our culture and benefits
Our culture is underpinned by our values and our behaviours: doing the right thing; exploring new
ideas; collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our flexible work practices are important to our culture too.
We understand that work is only one of the things we do in life. That’s why we’ve introduced our new flexibility option which allows you to purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave on top of your regular annual leave.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career development
- Competitive salary package
- Purchase of additional leave on top of regular annual leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Laptop and iPhone provided – check with manager relevant to job type and level
- On site car parking – check with manager relevant to job type and level
We believe in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people.
We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now