Job no: 498028
Work type: Contract
Location: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Based in Vientiane, Laos
- 12 month contract initially, with potential for extension
The Laos Australia Institute provides the Human Resource Development (HRD) framework for the delivery of Australian Government scholarships, including Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) and Laos Australia National Scholarships (LANS). The program supports HRD policies, planning and implementation for the Government of Laos (GOL); through work with two key counterpart organisations, the Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) and Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA). The program remains committed to ensure equity for women, people living with disability and those living in the Provinces (especially those in designated disadvantaged districts).
Reserved for Laos Citizens
The Finance and Administration Assistant will provide administrative and financial support across various operational and functional teams of the Laos Australia Institute, including providing services to all staff as required under the direction of the Finance and Administration Manager and the Institute Director. Some key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Finance and Administration Manager with finance administration duties and book keeping including raising purchase orders, maintaining and filing financial documentation and inputting data into QuickBooks.
- Providing assistance to the Scholarships and HRD teams in the delivery of LAI programs, including finance, logistics and administrative tasks.
- Providing administrative and logistical assistance for individual activities, workshops and events organised by LAI.
- Assisting with procurement and purchasing of equipment and materials and maintaining the LAI assets register
- Assisting with all logistic arrangements for LAI personnel, providing assistance with accommodation bookings, arranging airport pickups and assist with new staff induction requirements.
- Assisting with general office functions such as postage, photocopying, procurement and payment of utilities and other services and support to the receptionist as required.
LAI PD Finance Administration Assistant.pdf
We are seeking applicants with a higher secondary certificate of education with a current Lao driving licence. Study at tertiary level or other equivalent training is desirable. The successful candidate will have experience in finance, administration and logistics with proven experience in the use of QuickBooks preferably in a similar project environment. You will also have substantial experience in general office administration as well as experience in organising events and workshops. You will also have a good level of oral and written English, have the ability to meet deadlines and have experience of working with multiple clients. Your very good interpersonal skills with demonstrated capacity to take initiative and work as a member of a team will help you succeed in this role.
Further enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 498028.
Applications close: 5pm (Vientiane time) 20 September 2019.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives. Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now